Apple fritters are a down-home Southern favorite in Texas. Apple fritters look and taste delicious and nothing smells better in your home environment like cooking apples. These apple fritters just look and taste like country living where everything is fresh and clean, no matter where you live. The recipe is super easy to follow and is a great snack or you can place the apple fritters in a ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator and save for later, just microwave them for a half a minute to a minute to warm them. The real secret ingredient in these apple fritters is sparkling apple cider because it gives the batter that extra fluff when fried, kind of like you may have seen in beer batter shrimp. All and all, these apple fritters are a gem that will thrill and delight your loved ones.
Ingredients For 16 Small Fritters:
- 2 large (or 3 small) Granny Smith Apples (cut into 1/4, that is, one quarter inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter (to cook apples
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, (pls 1 tablespoon if you are using bitter cooking apples)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider (or as needed)
In this wonderful video tutorial, you will learn to make these apple fritters starting with sauteeing the apples in butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
You will then add those delicious cooked apples to your homemade frothy batter that contains sparkling apple cider and then you will be instructed to deep fry them to a golden crunch.
These apple fritters look so delicious, I can’t wait to make some.